Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benchmarks (2016.)

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=ar...3-linux-44
That gives lot of insight in how XanMod kernel would compare since all the differencies could be taken into (very positive) math...
Waiting for 4.4 versions of those...
"Everything has been thought of before, but the problem is to think of it again.“Goethe

Thanx for sharing, will check it out.

I'm quite sure that latest XanMod kernel is faster than any Liquorix version.  8)
"(...) the grandest occasion the past or present has seen, or the future can hope to see." -- Cervantes.

The proof is in the pudding: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/forum/pho...post844567 ... Wink
"Everything has been thought of before, but the problem is to think of it again.“Goethe

Again, I'm sure that latest XanMod is just the winner in any kind of benchmark. Liquorix kernel means "if you have a problem, it will never be a little problem". A bad installation of XanMod means nothing, a bad installation of Liquorix will destroy your system. Sure. Tongue
"(...) the grandest occasion the past or present has seen, or the future can hope to see." -- Cervantes.

Oh boy, after long usage of Liquorix I'm yet to see anything remotely like stuff You describe. Could You elaborate, so we could gain some insight and be more carefull from now on?
Not to jump to early conclusions, please define "bad installation"...

(10-01-2016, 06:51 PM)zika link Wrote:Oh boy, after long usage of Liquorix I'm yet to see anything remotely like stuff You describe. Could You elaborate, so we could gain some insight and be more carefull from now on?
Not to jump to early conclusions, please define "bad installation"...

January, 2013, plain Ubuntu 12.04 installed, I followed all the instructions to install Liquorix Kernel and it was unable to boot, new install needed. I tried it again and again a lot of more times, spending day after day to install it with no success at all. November, 2015, the same kind of problems and wasting time again with Ubuntu 15.10. Do you know its forum? I do, because I spent day after day trying to solve a simple installation! "Bad installation" means when Liquorix won't simply boot. Smile

https://koroshiyaitchy.wordpress.com/201...periences/
http://techpatterns.com/forums/forum-34.html

When You install Liquorix kernel You do have all kernels installed before available. Even though You could not boot with Liquorix for whatever reason You should be able to boot with other kernel(s). You could not boot with any of them after installing Liquorix kernel even though any of them worked before?  That is odd. To stop here and wait for You to answer.
Update₁: Last night I wrote several lines more but that was gone since forum crashed the very moment I wanted to save that... Wink Point is that I do suspect that NVidia blob is source of that (3 years old, if I read properly) bad experience. Lot of water went below that bridge since so... I like Liquorix forum/kernel but that's me... I'm open for all the kernels and do use several of them as need(s) drive(s) me...
Update₂: Now I've read URL You gave in the meantime and, yes, NVidia... It got better in behaving itself in last 3 years... That is all I would say...

I dislike Liquorix kernel completely, that's all I wanted to say when forum fell. :-X

It s weird , I never had issues after Liquorix kernels were installed. But had issues on some other kernels.

Don t remember what was in the pf-kernel forum that could be continued in Xan s forum.

(11-01-2016, 01:52 PM)altman link Wrote:It s weird , I never had issues after Liquorix kernels were installed. But had issues on some other kernels.

Just try VirtualBox, Wine, Java, PlayOnLinux and other stuff with Liquorix. I wonder if "Liquorix" name is given because a hangover is needed to decide testing it. LOL.  ;D

(11-01-2016, 04:09 PM)tropic link Wrote:[quote author=altman link=topic=18.msg194#msg194 date=1452520375]
It s weird , I never had issues after Liquorix kernels were installed. But had issues on some other kernels.

Just try VirtualBox, Wine, Java, PlayOnLinux and other stuff with Liquorix. I wonder if "Liquorix" name is given because a hangover is needed to decide testing it. LOL.  ;D
[/quote]
Ah , thanx for the comeback , I don t use any of those , might be why ! lol

Quote:Ah , thanx for the comeback , I don t use any of those , might be why ! lol

I meant that the mentioned programs have very weird issues with Liquorix kernel. Sad

(11-01-2016, 04:40 PM)tropic link Wrote:
Quote:Ah , thanx for the comeback , I don t use any of those , might be why ! lol

I meant that the mentioned programs have very weird issues with Liquorix kernel. Sad
Ah , understand , might have read it differently.

(11-01-2016, 03:47 PM)altman link Wrote:Don t remember what was in the pf-kernel forum that could be continued in Xan s forum.

All that I need for Linux speed is just in this forum, so I'm very glad to help! Smile

(10-01-2016, 07:35 PM)zika link Wrote:When You install Liquorix kernel You do have all kernels installed before available. Even though You could not boot with Liquorix for whatever reason You should be able to boot with other kernel(s).

That's not true, if an important package is missing or some dependency is broken, the system won't boot with other available kernel. I'm sure because it was my experience with two Ubuntu distros, 12.04 and 15.10. Liquorix is just more than a kernel, it's a distro replacement and it touches too much packages and things IMHO. Xanmod is just install and use, no problem at all, no bugs and software rocks including Wine, PlayOnLinux, JAVA, FFmpeg, VirtualBox with no problem at all. Just amazing. Smile

(11-01-2016, 07:26 PM)tropic link Wrote:[quote author=zika link=topic=18.msg186#msg186 date=1452454529]
When You install Liquorix kernel You do have all kernels installed before available. Even though You could not boot with Liquorix for whatever reason You should be able to boot with other kernel(s).
That's not true, if an important package is missing or some dependency is broken, the system won't boot with other available kernel. I'm sure because it was my experience with two Ubuntu distros, 12.04 and 15.10. Liquorix is just more than a kernel, it's a distro replacement and it touches too much packages and things IMHO. Xanmod is just install and use, no problem at all, no bugs and software rocks including Wine, PlayOnLinux, JAVA, FFmpeg, VirtualBox with no problem at all. Just amazing. Smile
[/quote]Did You ever look in .deb that You used? Do You know how a kernel is installed? What important package got missing after install of ANY Liquorix? NVidia? This forum should consider getting renamed... Wink „Touches too much packages and things IYHO“ No comment. I like XanMod but this campaign of Yours is making it more damage than You even imagine. Three years after Your bad experience with Liquorix (almost surely due to state of NVIdia blob at that time) You still bash it like this. Of course that now NVidia or whatever driver is not making the same probblems as it did in 2013 because many things... Just show me a difference in one file „touched unappropriately“ by Liquorix that is not touched by XanMod kernel... I even do not know what „things“ might be touched by kernel installation... What do You mean by „distro replacement“?

(11-01-2016, 07:44 PM)zika link Wrote:Did You ever look in .deb that You used? Do You know how a kernel is installed? What important package got missing after install of ANY Liquorix? NVidia? This forum should consider getting renamed... Wink „Touches too much packages and things IYHO“ No comment. I like XanMod but this campaign of Yours is making it more damage than You even imagine. Three years after Your bad experience with Liquorix (almost surely due to state of NVIdia blob at that time) You still bash it like this. Of course that now NVidia or whatever driver is not making the same probblems as it did in 2013 because many things... Just show me a difference in one file „touched unappropriately“ by Liquorix that is not touched by XanMod kernel... I even do not know what „things“ might be touched by kernel installation... What do You mean by „distro replacement“?

I think that I'm being very polite with you. You have been the first who talked about Liquorix kernel, and I'm getting stared about your attitude. I repeat again to you: I don't like Liquorix and I won't ever recommend it to anyone. I'm only telling my experience. http://liqourix.net "Liquorix Kernel. Liquorix is a distro kernel replacement built (...)", I forgot to put the "kernel" in the phrase, because I'm not perfect. BTW what's going wrong with you? You are always discussing all what I do, whatever the topic. Sad

"Your distribution is too old, you'll need to install or upgrade to Ubuntu 15.04 / Debian Testing at least before installing Liquorix", just upgrading to install a kernel. :o
http://techpatterns.com/forums/about2490.html

Come on guys , can we have a friendly discusion please !

I think it might have had to do with yor bios that wasn t updated while we were in the PF forum , but I could be wrong, not every compurers might take in Liquorix. I guess.

Did you try Liquorix after the bios update that you did ! If it didn t work , it might have to do with your computer somehow.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)