Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Arch Linux Kernel

Hey Guys,

Now I realise this is primarily a Debian/Ubuntu Kernel, and I also know that XanMod Kernel is available through the Arch User Repository. But is there any chance we could get a precompiled kernel for Arch Linux?

(10-09-2017, 11:41 PM)Verequies Wrote: Hey Guys,
Now I realise this is primarily a Debian/Ubuntu Kernel, and I also know that XanMod Kernel is available through the Arch User Repository. But is there any chance we could get a precompiled kernel for Arch Linux?

Hello @Verequies,

We do what we can. The compiling task of Xan to build all releases of XanMod kernel flavours are really immense. Releasing and developping faster than this is practically impossible with no external help at all. Furthermore, Ubuntu's Kernel mainline and Xanmod.org are the two only Linux sites that offer four kernels designed for Ubuntu/Debian for free. About me, I have now very little free time due to work and family reasons, so any kind of help is obviously and clearly welcome here -- however, I expected some help for so long time but surprisingly it never came. Anyway, I hope that some day a precompiled kernel for Arch Linux would be offered too. Cool
"(...) the grandest occasion the past or present has seen, or the future can hope to see." -- Cervantes.

Yeah, I understand. Perhaps, when I finally move to Arch Linux I could compile the releases. However I won't be able to host them.

Hi! I can host my own builds of Arch Linux packages... So they were "unofficial" binaries or something like that. I can't promise a big bandwidth though.

They are compiled for generic CPU, so should be installed in any machine.

Let me know if there is still an interest.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)