Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

XanMod Kernel

Information 
XanMod is a Linux kernel compilation with custom modifications. Optimized to take full advantage of high-performance Workstations, Gaming Desktops, Media Centers and others.
Supports all recent 64-bit versions of Debian and Ubuntu-based systems.

Features:
  • Tuned CPU Core scheduler w/ CFS at µs-Latency.
  • Tuned I/O Block Layer for interactivity & throughput.
  • GCC 6 Performance Tuning.
  • Westwood+ TCP congestion control.
  • x86_64 advanced instructions set support:
    MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, POPCNT, AVX, AES, PCLMUL, FSGSBASE, RDRND and F16C.
  • Improvements of cache manager, swap and CPU ondemand governor.
  • AUFS feature available.

DOWNLOAD HERE

Alternative host
MEGA.nz

Please, send me your feedback for constant improvement.  Wink

Is not there an alternative way to merge the BFS/BFQ/UKSM patches avoiding the use of the upstream from pf-Kernel pf-4.3, last commit x? :-X Very nice logo! Smile
"(...) the grandest occasion the past or present has seen, or the future can hope to see." -- Cervantes.

The most current and adjusted patches are in the pf git. But do not depend only him in my builds. I help with the development reporting bugs that encounter before launching.
Confess I was upset with his attitude to remove the forum without prior notice. But I understand his motives.

Understanding motives is easier than explaining acts, I guess. Wink

"For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first."
― Suzanne Collins, The Hunger Games
"(...) the grandest occasion the past or present has seen, or the future can hope to see." -- Cervantes.

It would be good to add a text file to the download sites containing this address.  Smile
I like the new look of the forum.  Big Grin

Linux 4.3.3-xanmod8 is out!
For me the fastest kernel until now released.

(31-12-2015, 02:59 AM)Xan link Wrote: Linux 4.3.3-xanmod8 is out!

Thank you Xan, new kernel release to begin 2016 with good luck!  ;D

Code:
$ uname -a
Linux tropic 4.3.3-xanmod8 #1 SMP Thu Dec 31 01:44:46 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
$ cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

So fast! 8)

Great Build!!Great Forum!!  Thanks
目前工作範疇,網路管理員、tcp優化工程

Hello EricLinTW, get a warm welcome to the forum!  Big Grin

(31-12-2015, 02:59 AM)Xan link Wrote: Linux 4.3.3-xanmod8 is out!
No more packages on xanmod.890m.com ...?
"Everything has been thought of before, but the problem is to think of it again.“Goethe

(01-01-2016, 07:06 PM)zika link Wrote: No more packages on xanmod.890m.com ...?

At the moment only by sourceforge and mega hosts.

Good to know.
Just beware that ukmsd is not so frugal on CPU usage... Wink
"Everything has been thought of before, but the problem is to think of it again.“Goethe

Just to say that my notebook is working better than ever! Greatest amazing performance and stability whatever the application I run, whatever the game I play! 8)

"Made to be a champion in benchmarks." http://xanmod.org/

That's right, some work will we needed to overcome 4.3.3-xanmod8#2, simply the best! 8)

Thanx Xan for the hard work & to make this new Forum !

Xan, Linux kernel mainline 4.4 has been released already! Big Grin
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mai...v4.4-wily/

Already ! I would like to imagine what will be its number in 5 years from now.

Thanx for the info.

(11-01-2016, 05:32 PM)tropic link Wrote: Xan, Linux kernel mainline 4.4 has been released already! Big Grin
http://kernel.ubuntu.com/~kernel-ppa/mai...v4.4-wily/

Waiting ck adjust your patches for 4.4 series...

We ll wait on that too !  Keep up the good work.

Edit: Will the newer kernel come with the hacks done in some threads in the forum !

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)