Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Debian Buster/Sid LXDE Linux-Live-Kit with Xanmod 5.0.2 Kernel RC1 for testing

Hey guys, if anyone would like to test this build of Debian Buster/Sid with Xanmod 5.0.2 kernel, nonfree stuff and using the Linux-Live-Kit-2.1 I'd appreciate any feedback.
Right now it only comes as a zip file for usb or frugal hdd booting.
Just download it, unzip it and copy the files boot,buster,cde,readme.txt,ldlinux.sys,ldlinux.c32 to your usb or hdd.
Now install syslinux from a linux desktop with # syslinux -sf /dev/sdxx
Where /dev/sdxx is your usb, likely /dev/sdc1, /dev/sdb1, etc.
If booting it from hdd just edit your grub.cfg and add entry for Buster.
Note- If using a ext2/3/4 formatted usb with extlinux installed it will boot and be faster than a fat32 usb.
To install extlinux use # extlinux -i /mount_point_of_usb such as /run/media/live/usb-2.0 or wherever your usb is mounted or try device name such as /dev/sdxx, etc.
It has full persistent features and toram mode plus check other cheatcodes as all cheatcodes are same as Slax.
You can remaster this using the included Linux-Live-2.1 in /root, just add/remove whatever you want, edit Linux-Live-2.1/config and run ./build and make your own!
Root password is root
User live password is live
It also comes with NetbootCD and TinyCore Linux. I installed Debian Buster via NetbootCD then used Linux-Live-2.1 and the Xanmod kernel 5.0.2 to make this live distro.
The Xanmod kernel is patched with aufs which is needed by Linux-Live-Kit.

Xanmod kernels here
https://xanmod.org/#main_features

You can download Buster-rc1 here and thanks for any testing help or improvements.
https://ufile.io/wfi0n

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)