Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems to boot on Xubuntu

Hi.
I have an AMD A6 5400 and Nvidia GF710.
I'm trying the 5.3 kernel on Xubuntu 19.04, I installed it perfect, and I installed the lastest nvidia drivers (nvidia-dkms-435).
All seems ok, but I only boot the computer normally with the original kernel, if I try to enter with Xanmod, a strange thing happens. I stay on a black screen, but, if I press ALT+F2, and on the console type sudo lightdm, I go to desktop without any problems.

What is happening?

I have built the kernel from git, disabling a few things, and now all is working perfect.

Good guy!

Compile Everytime self on your hardware and select in cou family your correct Cpu family, for more responsibility - even on older CPUs bulldozer or pumas

Still I can't activate me myself.... Please any admin there out fix my problem.

Thanks and

Best regards

I disabled a lot of things related with Graphics (Noveau, ATi,..), virtualbox things and many other options that I saw.
Activated Bmq and selected "Piledriver" cpu, that is my cpu model.
On the next builds I will use "make localmodconfig" for more personalized kernel Smile
The initial impression is very good, but if I make a crazy test "time $(i=0; while (( i < 9999999 )); do (( i ++ )); done)", shows 30 seconds, in my fleeting passage through opensuse I had 23 seconds on the same test. I can't find a kernel close to opensuse's performance.
Ubuntu is better for Steam use.

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)