Not a member yet? Why not Sign up today
Create an account  

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cumulative / Technical Features of XanMod Kernel

This section has been discontinued, please read about GIT, patches and full changelogs at:

https://xanmod.org/

Anyway, we are very proud to offer you:

- Collaborative members in forum.
- Linux-firmware packages available.
- Latest official microcodes available.
- Active development and fast releases.
- Sources available from Sourceforge.
- Active and fast 'bug' solution section.
- Supported by mexican distro 'Orvitux'.
- Compressed within folders, tar.xz files.
- Easily tunable for your system specific needs.
- Xanmod source: https://github.com/xanmod/linux
- Supports mostly all Debian and Ubuntu versions:
-- w/ dpkg version >= 1.18.x  needed, minor requeriment.
- High performance for Virtualbox/VM machines:
-- w/ no extra config requirements at all.
- Easily portable to any non-Debian distro:
-- w/ an unofficial backport to ArchLinux too.
- Latest LTS and latest kernel flavours.
- XanMod testing kernels available.
- Tested by users from 114 countries.
- Amazing benchmarking results.
- Secure downloading (https).
- Xanmod wallpaper available.
- Xanmod 'config' is available.
- Xanmod's own repositories.
- Constant improvement.
- Good karma!
^^

Thank you all very much! Big Grin
Thanks Xan for editing fixes! Smile
"(...) the grandest occasion the past or present has seen, or the future can hope to see." -- Cervantes.

Thanks tropic! Wink
I edited minor fixes.

(23-03-2016, 05:22 PM)Xan link Wrote: Thanks tropic! Wink
I edited minor fixes.

Thank you Xan, very appreciated! Big Grin
"(...) the grandest occasion the past or present has seen, or the future can hope to see." -- Cervantes.

Guess it should be stickied , it would help people know what s included in Xan s latest release . As well as stating the frequency also , it would be appreciated.

(22-04-2016, 04:42 PM)altman link Wrote: (...) As well as stating the frequency also , it would be appreciated.

What do you meant? ??? Hz timer interrupt frequency? It's listed already. :-X

(22-04-2016, 05:03 PM)tropic link Wrote: [quote author=altman link=topic=66.msg1564#msg1564 date=1461343322]
(...) As well as stating the frequency also , it would be appreciated.

What do you meant? ??? Hz timer interrupt frequency? It's listed already. :-X
[/quote]

Oh , wrong term then , I meant like 500Hz or 625 Hz kernel , what s the real term about that .

Sorry , like this from a Laptop s thread: b) HZ is left at 1000 , some are at 500Hz , others say 625 etc.

Edit: I git it from an older kernel from Xan : Set timer interrupt frequency to 500hz. It was the term I was looking for . Sorry about the confusion.

Gee , just saw it . oops.lol

Don't worry Altman, we are always proud of helping here! Smile

Updated with the new amazing and great features after one of the major development cycles of XanMod. Please, just check out them and enjoy the power of the first XanMod kernels of the new series in your computer (4.8.0-xanmod1). Please, feel Linux as it should be. Thanks to our users, to our members and also to Xan for the hard work done here! Shy

I updated and added technical information,

Thank you Tropic.

I'm coming back! Big Grin

(05-12-2016, 02:48 PM)Xan Wrote: I updated and added technical information,
Thank you Tropic.
I'm coming back! Big Grin

Thank you Xan, great work!
We all are so proud of you! Big Grin

Seems as 4.9.12-xanmod18 is back to CFS cpu scheduler. That is not mentioned in the "notes" tho, so perhaps do that?

I really enjoy MuQSS as with CFS i find it quite laggy to play wow (wine) at the same times as watching youtube videos and talking on skype Smile With MuQSS i hardly notice any lagg, vs CFS it becomes... well.. not "unplayable", but higly noticable.

C

PS. Is it the same for xanmod19 too? CFS scheduler i mean?

(27-02-2017, 02:24 PM)CybDex Wrote: Seems as 4.9.12-xanmod18 is back to CFS cpu scheduler. That is not mentioned in the "notes" tho, so perhaps do that?
(...)
PS. Is it the same for xanmod19 too? CFS scheduler i mean?

Cumulative features have been updated today. IMHO MuQSS is really good whet it's stable, but Xan has found some stability issues. Xan will solve these issues as soon as possible for future releases. Please, get a warm welcome to the XanMod forum!  Sleepy

Posted these partial old features here to remember them if needed:
Code:
# content deleted, this is a temporary post to storage some useful old info only

Good morning!
I'm a new one here and I'm looking for the essay writing tips. I've got a discussion with my friends about how to write an essay from article I read yesterday. On your thought, can I use the tips from there for my college essay?
Have a nice day!
Joshua.

@guest
hello joshua, sorry, what?  Confused
The content of this forum is free to use, just citation and link referral needed because both 'forum site' and 'main site' https://xanmod.org/ belong to the XanMod Kernel project -- for further information please contact Xan at members section.
Please have a nice day. Smile

How can I set CFQ as default IO scheduler?

Thanks!

(23-10-2017, 04:50 AM)Guest Wrote: How can I set CFQ as default IO scheduler?

Thanks!

Code:
elevator=cfq
in kernel boot coomand line...

(23-10-2017, 04:50 AM)Guest Wrote: How can I set CFQ as default IO scheduler?
Thanks!

Please, just notice that many schedulers are available according to the kernel. Smile
If you want to select one of them, the easiest way to be enabled is the next:

Code:
# this is an example
$ cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
[mq-deadline] kyber bfq-mq none
# let's go to select kyber scheduler
$ sudo su
root@ echo kyber > /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
# to see if it has been successfully changed
root@ cat /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler
mq-deadline [kyber] bfq-mq none
# to load it by default in every boot, just set the echo line at rc.local before 'exit  0'
# notice that scheduler must be available in the kernel to boot with it, of course
https://forum.xanmod.org/thread-197.html

Sleepy

FYI, look carefully but at several points in the OP it says "December 03, 2018" or "December 02, 2018"... Lol, December 2018 is 11 months away.

(03-01-2018, 09:34 PM)SkOrPn Wrote: FYI, look carefully but at several points in the OP it says "December 03, 2018" or "December 02, 2018"... Lol, December 2018 is 11 months away.

Thanks for the advice about wrong date of release. Fixed.  Sleepy

[-]
Quick Reply

Image Verification
Please enter the text contained within the image into the text box below it. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.
Image Verification
(case insensitive)